La Galleria 33

12:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I mean, just look at this face; how could you not love him?
As you may have learned in our introductory post, both Bean and I absolutely love Gordon Ramsay. My obsession with him started with Kitchen Nightmares, and then I was binge watching every episode of Hell's Kitchen that I could get my hands on. From Masterchef (and Junior!) to Hotel Hell and even The F Word (the 'f' stands for food), there's something about this man that makes me wanna eat him up like the food he makes!

So when I finally convinced Bean to start watching Kitchen Nightmares, we started to mentally map out how far away some of these restaurants were from us. It wasn't until after Bean watched the Amy's Baking Company episode that we were really sold and invested: we were going to follow in Gordon Ramsay's footsteps, and we were going to eat at his former nightmares.

Rita, Gordon, and Lisa
Eating at La Galleria 33 happened entirely by accident. We met up with an old high school friend of mine in the North End for dinner, and it just so happened that the restaurant we wanted to go to originally was booked full for several hours (that'll teach us not to make reservations on a Saturday night in the North End...sheesh!). Hungry, the three of us wandered down a couple of streets, pausing to look at how full restaurants were when we came upon a restaurant by the name of L'Osteria. As we walked by it, the gears started to turn in my head.

Wait a minute, I thought. Isn't that the restaurant that Rita and Lisa's parents own? If so, then...

"Oh my God! It's L'Osteria. Where is it?!" I shouted, and before I could give Sami or Bean any more information, I was on the hunt down the street. And then there it was, right before me: La Galleria 33. "We have to eat there!" It wasn't until I calmed down (marginally) that Bean and I were able to explain to Sami our (my) obsession with Gordon, wanting to eat at all of his former Kitchen Nightmares stops, and all of that good stuff. Sami obliged, and we walked into the restaurant, greeted by none other than Lisa (why yes, Gordon, she was still chewing gum)! We didn't see Rita at all, otherwise I would have stopped her to take a picture, but Lisa seems too cool for school, and I was moderately embarrassed at how excited I was, so I refrained.

We did see Pat, though, and I couldn't resist that photo op!
He still thinks that he's the man in charge, haha!

Now onto the good part: the foooood.

Sweets' Tortellini Galleria
We started with the bruschetta, which was so delicious. I love a good piece of bread, and this was so fresh. For our main courses, I had the Tortellini Galleria (pictured to the right), and Bean had the Risotto with shrimp. From the first bite to the last, everything was perfect. You could tell that the pasta was fresh made and made by hand, because it melted in your mouth. It was soft and well-seasoned, and it was a delight to eat. Overall, I think that Gordon would definitely approve of their food and he would be proud of them for all of their success. The only downside to the food that night was that Lisa's gelato was out at the moment. It's okay, though, we went to Mike's Pastry and had amazing cannolis, so the night was saved.

Sweets and Bean will definitely be back for more of La Galleria 33. But first...L'Osteria.

You Might Also Like

0 comments :