Welcome to Sweets and Bean

4:43 PM Unknown 1 Comments

Hi! I'm Lonnie aka Sweets aka one half of LonLeigh. I'm 23, in love, and working on myself. I've got a Bachelor's in English, a great love for Shakespeare, and a hankering to go back to school so that one day I can teach the Bard. Really, I'm just a genderqueer valley girl living in New England and trying to make a living. I love the color pink, Gordon Ramsay, One Direction, bad netflix movies about serial killers and cults, and cats. I love to bake, and I think oatmeal raisin cookies are the bee's knees!

I think that we started this blog as a way to express ourselves outside of the tedium of everyday work and living, to find a way to be creative in the mundane, and because we're really very verbose people who have a lot to say. The internet, I've found, can be a very captive audience.

I've always been really bad at introducing myself, because I find that the more I talk about other things that aren't me, the more you'll be able to learn about me. So I'm just gonna let my Bean here take it away. Thanks for stopping by!

-Sweets :)

------

The very first post. It's hard to decide what to say to anyone who decided to give us a chance. We are Sweets and Bean, nicknames that we've lovingly given each other. (That's also going to be the name of our cafe when we open one later on in life.) I'm Leigh aka Bean - why Lonnie decided to call me that one day I just don't know, but I love it, so maybe I'm the weird one. I'm an accountant, grad student, sometimes writer, and all around nerd. I love my cat and coffee and I'm always up for trying something new - unless it involves raisins aka chocolate imposters.

Our new mission in life is to visit as many Hotel Hell or Kitchen Nightmare places and write about our time there. We love Gordon Ramsay and his shows, from Masterchef Junior to Hell's Kitchen. He's passionate, funny, and ridiculous. And while he may be painted out to be the villain, he truly does care. If you don't believe us, watch Masterchef Junior. I promise you'll change your mind.

Other things you'll find here are adventures around New England (and hopefully Colorado in a couple years), recipes and kitchen adventures, and personal posts. And cats. Probably lots of cats. We hope that you enjoy your stay here. We know we will.

~Bean

You can follow us on Bloglovin here

You Might Also Like

1 comment :

  1. This is so fun, you guys are the cutest. I look forward to seeing what you guys do with this space <3

    ReplyDelete